How would you like to be rated as the most ‘agile leader’ people love to work with?
- Identify your personal leadership agility strengths, by demonstrating the subtle personalized power of your communication, relationship building and knowledge utilisation
- Identify other’s personal leadership agility talents, so you can build a team which everyone wants to belong to
- Stand out as the ‘go to’ person for creating the innovation which comes from building a culture of intra and entrepreneurship
- Identify powerful role models and coach-mentors who can escalate your success
- Role model memorable leadership which your students will learn from
- Inspire others on their leadership journey as they become clear about your values-guided purpose and strategy
Learning ‘Leadership Agility’ is the focus of Dr Aitken’s research based education/training delivery to approaching 500 managers over the past 4 years, and is endorsed by the following Business Schools across the world:
• Birmingham University, UK
• Singapore Institute of Management
• Bond University, Australia
• National University of Ireland
• Perm State National Research University, Russia
• Wessex Business School, UK; and for GeNext, Richard Huish Business School, UK.
Until now, the only way of accessing this most powerful global learning programme, has been to attend full-time Master’s courses or run in-house tailored corporate training. For our new young people’s STARLINGS programme and home-study course the 12 Leadership Agility practices are represented as 12 Career Birds, with each bird’s persona helping you easily spot the presence or absence of each practice. The Foundation course provides you with the following bird spotting binoculars, allowing you to search for your own and other’s:
Personal Values Sensitivity
Peacock: Purpose Leader – taps motivational drivers, communication signals and ways of interacting
Ostrich: Vision Leader - knowledgeable and insightful about the world, makes uncertainty understandable for others
Owl: Wisdom Leader – create knowledge, leverage innovation opportunities and address complex problems together
Mindful of Impact
Hummingbird: Crisis Leader – reflect, seek counsel, wait for critical events to unfold, aware of personal decision making impact
Parrot: Feelings Leader – connect with others fears, hopes, dreams, potential, produce emotional resilience
Goose: Resource Leader – create skill connections, use external thought leaders, combine agile responses
Duck: Diversity Leader – create different and unconventional insights, provide different windows on the world for renewal
One to Many Dialogue
Cockatoo: Communication Leader – spread priorities, facilitate reviews, provide mediation and process consulting, ask critical questions, resolve conflict
Dove: Role Modelling Leader – consistent and authentic, role modelling change using informal and formal communication, represent the reputation of the team or organisation
One to One Dialogue
Penguin: Connecting Leader – honing knowledge and insight through mentoring, facilitate adaption to changing circumstances, provide emotional resilience
Falcon: Competition Leader – creates culture where everyday performance feedback is normal, frankness is the norm, small improvements equal large gains, no surprise culture allows people preparation time for change
Swan: Viability Leader – flexible responses by breaking habits, resilience for re-invention, adaptive self-management skills, continuous appraisal for responding with alternative options.
These are the practices necessary for standing out as the most agile leader. You will be guided through each practice with a focus on self-analysis first, followed by identification of the practices’ strengths in others, and how to combine both for a sustainable winning agile team and organisation.
To achieve the most from this Masterclass you must first take our website on-line assessment and read through the Bird Book which describes your bird type. To deepen your own leadership agility practice, there will be an opportunity at the end of the course to prepare a leadership agility development plan and, by submitting evidence of having achieved it, you will gain Certification by Career Birds. You will then become a valued member of our growing global leader flock and network.